LeftField Media, a part of Urban Expositions dba Clarion UX, focuses on delighting fans with pop culture experiences across the country. The LeftField Media portfolio events include Anime NYC, Awesome Con, Rose City Comic Con, Play Fair, the Classic Auto Show, and more, and we’re now expanding our team with an Anime Sales Manager. This is a full-time role based in Trumbull, CT.
This year’s Anime NYC will bring together over 30,000 fans and companies from across the US and Japan to celebrate the best of Japanese pop culture in the heart of America’s biggest city. It is a fast-growing, passionate, colorful event, and we need a hungry, think out of the box Sales Manager to sell exhibition space and sponsorships to a broad range of customers throughout America and Asia. This role is focused on closing new and existing business for Anime NYC and bringing these customers into the overall family of LeftField Media events.
We are seeking a forward-thinking professional who is eager to grow their career in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment built on service and excellence supporting a vibrant pop culture industry. Our ideal candidate will be inquisitive, creative, have a passion for solving puzzles, an ability to work well individually as well as with a team, and be comfortable managing simultaneous projects and deadlines. LeftField and Clarion UX nurture a fun, collaborative, humble culture, and we’re looking for someone new to play together with us.
The Sales Manager will be primarily responsible to:
- Exhibit and sponsorship sales across both large corporate customers as well as small independent retailers
- Development of strong customer relationships to generate long term success together
- Prospecting new customers by researching opportunities, identifying potential leads, cold calling, and closing new businesses
- Use of sales and team management tools including SalesForce, A2Z, and Wrike
- Accurate maintenance of SalesForce.com customer database with exceptional notes and ongoing upkeep. Actively manage SalesForce pipeline so this pipeline is a true indicator of prospect statuses. Utilize pipeline reports to provide sales forecasts to management.
- Growing knowledge of our events, products, demographics, content, and customers
- Understanding of our customers’ goals to deliver packages which meet their needs
- Awareness of competitive events and the current Japanese pop culture media landscape
- Accurate maintenance of contract paperwork, show floor plans, and customer lists
- Strong forecasting and budgeting skills
- Negotiation skills to maximize the potential of all sales transactions
- Utilization of a full mix of telephone, email, and face-to-face sales channels
- Creation of contracts, presentations, sell sheets, and additional sales materials
- Liaison with internal teams (marketing, content, and operations) to ensure proper product fulfillment
- Ability to work flexible hours including mornings, nights, and weekends for clients (international and domestic) as needed.
- Travel up to 20 times a year, including travel to Japan
What’s Required to Succeed as the Sales Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and business training
- A minimum of three years sales or sales support experience
- Telephone, cold-calling, or related sales experience
- Knowledge of consumer events industry preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to generate new business and understand the sales cycle: prospecting, buying behaviors, negotiations for a win-win outcome, overcoming objections, and closing
- Excellent communication, judgment, listening, and relationship-building skills
- Polished, professional demeanor, confidence, and enthusiasm for the business
- Must be customer focused and highly responsive
- Patience and understanding working with customers from different cultures
- Interest or understanding of anime, manga, cosplay, and Japanese pop culture
- Familiarity with Japanese business etiquette
- Japanese language skills
What Clarion UX Offers You:
- Competitive Pay because we want the best candidates
- Professional Growth opportunities globally because we invest in our employees
- Recognition and Reward because outstanding performance is encouraged and expected
- Medical, dental, basic life & long term disability insurance covered 100% by Clarion UX and a full benefits package, including vision and voluntary life insurance, FSA & short term disability because we should all take care of ourselves
- 401(k) Plan with generous company match because you should plan for your future
- Paid Time Off and Company-paid Holidays so you have time to both work and play hard
- Fun, supportive, and energetic workplace because we respect each other’s ideas and success
Clarion UX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
About Clarion UX
Founded in 1995, Clarion UX (formerly Urban Expositions) and owned by Clarion Events, produces and manages a portfolio of 37 trade and consumer events across 13 sectors including Gift, Souvenir, Art, Aviation, Foodservice, Specialty Retail, Energy, Fire & Rescue, Gaming, Automotive and Enthusiast Lifestyle, with offices in Kennesaw, GA, Fair Lawn, NJ, Trumbull, CT, Portland, OR, Tulsa, OK, Boca Raton, FL and Tacoma, WA. Clarion UX has become one of the fastest growing event companies in the U.S. with aggressive growth through both acquisition and launch.
About Clarion Events
Clarion Events, backed by The Blackstone Group, operates over 180 events in 50 countries from offices in the UK, South Africa, USA, Brazil, Germany, Singapore, UAE, and the Netherlands. Clarion can trace its roots back to 1947 and takes great pride in being one of the oldest independent event organizers in the UK. The company has developed an international portfolio of brands and now has interests in a number of global vertical industries. The teams at Clarion create uniquely effective and stimulating environments that can serve as a platform to build businesses, enhance customer relationships and accelerate product awareness.
Company Website: www.clarionux.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)